Monday, July 5, 2010

Native Instruments MASCHINE

I've gone for a pretty big upgrade in the studio (in fact I'm just waiting for it to be delivered)! I hate the pads on my Korg Microkontrol and I've been looking at means of introducing a more 'live' element into my Ableton Live DJ sets.

I did consider some of the range from the AKAI MPD collection. However the more I looked and read up on Native Instruments Maschine the more it made sense.

Just one immediate possibility of its application - like sampling the last track of the previous DJ's mix and then incorporating that into the beginning of my mix is a mouth watering prospect.

Another scenario is if I'm playing a CD based set (I'm finally learning to use CDJs, I jumped straight from over 10 years of vinyl to Ableton Live) having Maschine as a standalone live accompaniment is really useful.

Obviously I realise both of these instances can be created with other hardware samplers but its the clever mix of hardware and software that I'm really looking forward to getting to grips with. Never mind the million and one other things it can do (like MPC emulation, DAW control, step sequencer...)

Anyway... I don't need to rabbit on about how good it sounds. I'll leave it to Carl Craig and Kelvin Scholar to explain:

No comments:

Post a Comment