Friday, May 7, 2010

MOTOR CITY DRUM ENSEMBLE... AT LAST!


Danilo Plessow (AKA) Motor City Drum Ensemble touches down in Liverpool tomorrow night at Coco De Mer. To say I'm excited is really an understatement.

Since I first listened to MCDE's release on Compost Black at the tail end of 2007 I have bought and played more or less everything he has produced since.

In essence his music is a distillation of everything that is good about house, techno and jazz music. A mix between the old and the new that so few manage to get right.

I'm crossing my fingers, hoping he'll play his new remix of Zero 7 - Home at some point tomorrow.

You can check out the DJ mixes that got so many of my friends interested in him below:

BEATS IN SPACE RADIO SHOW #481 WITH MOTOR CITY DRUM ENSEMBLE

RESIDENT ADVISOR PODCAST 132: MCDE by invrs

Also here's an interview with Danilo from the excellent Wunderkind blog for you to check out.

A collection of his Raw Cuts EP series was released last month.

See you tomorrow. It's going to be special.

No comments:

Post a Comment